Want to use the space over bathtub to store canned foods. :)

Reaction score
Hi.

First time here. I have very very little DIY experience (I grew up in a family where we hired other people to do stuff at the house).

I have a personal bathroom which has a bathtub. I use the shower, so the tub isn't used. I've been using the tub to store my canned foods. I have lots of other cans and other non-perishables (Kraft Dinner, ramen, etc) that I'd like to store in some organized and space-efficient way, over the bathtub.

Please see this pic, with annotations.
i.imgur.com/mgRRAsE.jpg

As pic shows, from wall-to-wall, it's 7 feet length, 40 inches wide.
From tub to ceiling it's 198cm ( or 6 and a half feet) .
There's a 10cm-wide (4inch) perimeter around the bathtub. I supposed this is where the legs/feet of our DIY solution can be "planted".

What is the cheapest way to these things over the bathtub? All my non-DIY brain can think of are some sort of shelves. As it's my own bathroom and because i'm on a budget, I don't care how it looks. It could be the ugliest DIY solution, but if it's the cheapest-priced solution, I'll be very happy.

I don't care if block the view to the window.

There are Home Depots and other similiar DIY stores near me.

P.S. If this is the wrong subforum, please let me know which is the right one. Thanks.

Attachments

Ask a Question