stop water from going down side of sheds with no space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The previous owner of my house decided it would be fun to erect a large shed that sits in the space between the house and fence, the issue is on the side that is adjacent to house there is only a 50mm gap, too small for guttering.

The other side can be fitted with a gutter as i can get into a neighbours garden.

i wanted ask what the best way of filling the50mm gap from the shed to wall of house-the reason is because the rain running down sides of shed.

the shed is 8.5 meters in length.

Reaction score
Hi

The previous owner of my house decided it would be fun to erect a large shed that sits in the space between the house and fence, the issue is on the side that is adjacent to house there is only a 50mm gap, too small for guttering.

The other side can be fitted with a gutter as i can get into a neighbours garden.

i wanted ask what the best way of filling the50mm gap from the shed to wall of house-the reason is because the rain running down sides of shed.

the shed is 8.5 meters in length.

Hi and welcome.

Some photos would help people make some suggestions.

Reaction score
A couplr of questions.

Has the shed a pitched roof?

i.e. does one side of the roof slope toward the wall?

If it's a pitched roof.
As an inexpensive solution you could get a length of timber say six inches wide cover it with roofing felt and fix it to the roof of the shed and the wall at an angle, then use some adhesive flashing between the top of the wood and the wall. Then a bead of silicone between it and the shed roof.

Or to be less noticeable, put a bead of silicone between the new addition and the wall and the shed roof.

The rain would then run off the roof on each side where the new piece meets it, so you may want to think of a way to get that away from the foundations of the house

If it's a flat roof, just get a length of say 2" x 2" and screw that to the edge of of the roof and cover that with felt. That should be enough.

Ask a Question