Skirting board repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like MDF - you'll need to cut away all the "fluffy" bits so that you are back to solid material. Do you know if you can get the same profile boards? If you can it might be easier to cut away 5cm (guesstimate) of each board at the corners and replace with new sections, filling the joins if necessary, than trying to rebuild the corners with filler.

Or...

Are those two the total extent of the damage, or just a couple of representative examples?

Just thinking if that's all there is you could well get away with just sawing the chewed bits to a flat chamfer and painting - If people came who didn't know, I'd bet you'd have to point it out for them to notice it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had the same problem our German shepherd Husky cross chewed door architraves skirting boards the plinth corners around the kitchen island. Too be honest the only way to make it look good again is to wait until the dog is older and to do as I did and rip all the bitten stuff completely out and replace with new. Try to fill bits in never looks good

Reaction score
Bondo works well. If you have not used it before, make sure its mixed well. Once it hardens, easy to work, sand, paint.

Ask a Question