Is this mould or bluestain on MDF skirting board

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello, the previous owner did not ventilate the place enough so there were patches of mould in the bedrooms in the corners that I got rid off with bleach and baking soda + scrubbing. For the corners, I stripped the paint to the plaster as well for the kids room to be 100% sure then re-did it.

In 1 room, the corner MDF skirting board still has stains in it. Which I cannot figure out if it is mould inside therefore requiring replacement or a stain. The surface varnish was good so should be waterproof/barrier to mould penetration (unless it comes from the back wall but no evidence of damp when I removed the plaster.

Normally, I would just replace it but as I am pressed for time (other more important things to do). Wanted to get a feeling if this is mould / risky or not.

I am also not a good photographer...the daylight and empty green room made everything green but you can see the spots on the skirting board. The surface is smooth and applying bleach/vinegar and wiping it off does not remove it. I soaked it also that damaged part of the varnish..oops.
IMG_5028.jpg
IMG_5029.jpg
IMG_5030.jpg

Cheers.
Mark

Ask a Question