Ventilation black mould

Cat

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum but I am in desperate need of some help. I have been very ill for about 7 months on and off with various lung infections eustacion tube and sinus infections. Last year I was made redundant and was really struggling to make ends meet when I decided I would try and make pottery to sell to restraunts etc... as it's always been a bit of hobby for me. So I decided to renovate my garage into a work area with a electric kiln I purchased on eBay. So I very cheaply renovated the garage which has a very high ceiling. I plasterboarded the walls and put cladding so far up. The thing is I don't have any ventilation in the garage and have noticed quite a lot of black mould on the top walls where I haven't plaster boarded or cladded. Now I know I definitely need to to have a vent in there and and extractor fan as when the kilns finished it spews out hot steam. But I don't know whether it will be fine behined the cladding. If I mould spray the exposed bits and make sure I have enough ventilation will the black mould eventually go or will I have to rip everything out and start again.

Thanks, hope someone can help.

Ask a Question