Power when there shouldn't

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have and old style box the uses the round bussman fuses instead of circuit breakers. I have had a couple of low voltage transformers blow lately so decided to cut the power to them yet the box still had power. After several check of possible relays stuck some where I decided to pull each fuse out of the box yet with every fuse pulled I still have power at the transformer box and another receptacle that is on the same line. Only place in the building still with power. I plugged in a Klein receptacle tester and it shows open ground. Not sure where to proceed. Any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You mentioned that you "...still had power...", and "...building still with power...".

What kind of a tester are you using? An inductive (no contact required) pocket style tester, or a meter (making contact with conductors) with test leads?

Reaction score
Country
United States
You mentioned that you "...still had power...", and "...building still with power...".

What kind of a tester are you using? An inductive (no contact required) pocket style tester, or a meter (making contact with conductors) with test leads?
Meter

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is it a standard 120v receptacle (similar to below) that your reading 240?

1672673050208.png

Additionally, what kind of low voltage transformer/s are you using? Hardwired into the wall? Rated for 240v input? Do you have more than one (1)?...if so, are the others still connected into their primary (input) supply?

While some of these questions seems senseless, they do help me. Diagnosing over a phone/computer is not so easy.

Ask a Question