Aerial Power Supply from Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm after an opinion as to whether this sounds like a reasonable solution...

Basically I'm in a new build where the lighting circuit for upstairs is 2 x 1.0 + 1.0 and the reference method labelled on the box is 1 (enclosed in a wall with thermal insulation) on a 6 Amp breaker.

The loft doesn't have any wiring save for the switched sides of the lights (it's all neutral-to-the-switch) plus a line to the extractor and shaver socket in the bathroom, which by definition must have a non-switched line in them (wired in 3 x 1.0 + 1.0).

I've got a TV aerial in the loft which needs a power supply (see Pic 1) which seems to promise not to draw more than 0.15A. I've created a socket and fused switch in one with a 3A fuse (the smallest I could find, see Pic 2) and was planning on cutting into the 3 x 1.0 + 1.0 cable, taking the neutral, permanent line and cpc through the input side of my fused switch and then back out again to carry on their run, whilst running my socket from the output side into which I would plug just the aerial adapter.

What are everyone's thoughts on that? Reasonable, or am I going to kill everyone?

Cheers!

Pic 1
IMG_2228.jpg

Pic 2
tempImage3dqxMl.png

Ask a Question