Help connecting tv to aerial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve recently moved and have no idea how to attach our tv to the aerial cable - feel like I’m missing something obvious but can’t forgive out how they connect!
I’ve attached picture of the end of the aerial cable and the back of our tv.
Would really appreciate any help!
Thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cables you have are for cable tv. They are fed from the street and not from the Ariel And won’t connect to the AV port on your tv. Does your roof or loft have an Ariel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok, I wasn’t aware these cables were different. Yes we have an Ariel at the back of the house, although I can’t see another connection port inside the house - unless it is this that’s on our wall below this cable tv cable? (Will attach image)

thanks for your help, sorry if these are silly questions I’m not very technical!!

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that looks like the one. All you need to do is buy a coaxial cable to lead from that point to the telly. B and m bargains, the range or b and q will sell these really cheaply. I hope you settle in to your new property and are comfortable and happy there.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One last point. As you are now in a new location with a potentially different source feeding your Ariel, you will need to retune your tv in the settings to get the best picture. Cheeeeeeeers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant, that’s been really helpful. Will pick one up when I’m next out. Thanks again! Keep safe

Ask a Question