Can anyone recommend the best power tool brand for beginners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I’m in my late 20’s gone back to college to study carpentry and joinery, found out we’d be learning about power tools, how to use them (but we won’t actually be using them) and what each tool does. So could someone recommend the best brand for a beginner. I’d only be using them for woodworking. I keep reading that DeWalt is supposed to be the best brand for woodwork and they‘re not the cheapest but at the same time not overly expensive tools. Yet one of my family members said oh you should get Bosch, because it’s a well known brand. I did see this DeWalt kit at Screwfix, but me family member said despite the fact that I’d be paying out of my own money mind you.

Quote “Oh you don’t want to spend that much when you won’t know how to use them.” Unquote.

Yet if I don’t buy the tools and start using them I won’t know how to use them, if that makes sense. So what brand is the best? I’m more inclined to spend a bit more and buy the kits, but not totally opposed to buying each item individually. Any advice is much appreciated thanks in advance

I know I’ll need:
drill
jigsaw
circular saw

Possibly a mitre saw?

Screwfix one is this https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-d...-ion-xr-cordless-4-piece-power-tool-kit/3306p

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I’m in my late 20’s gone back to college to study carpentry and joinery, found out we’d be learning about power tools, how to use them (but we won’t actually be using them) and what each tool does. So could someone recommend the best brand for a beginner. I’d only be using them for woodworking. I keep reading that DeWalt is supposed to be the best brand for woodwork and they‘re not the cheapest but at the same time not overly expensive tools. Yet one of my family members said oh you should get Bosch, because it’s a well known brand. I did see this DeWalt kit at Screwfix, but me family member said despite the fact that I’d be paying out of my own money mind you.

Quote “Oh you don’t want to spend that much when you won’t know how to use them.” Unquote.

Yet if I don’t buy the tools and start using them I won’t know how to use them, if that makes sense. So what brand is the best? I’m more inclined to spend a bit more and buy the kits, but not totally opposed to buying each item individually. Any advice is much appreciated thanks in advance

I know I’ll need:
drill
jigsaw
circular saw

Possibly a mitre saw?

best power tools for diy
I notice Kevin Talbot use a dewalt battery drill to do stuff up. I like the idea of a little battery drill/driver of somedescription but I'm not chucking a hundred quid at a 'good' one. Is there a cheaper thing that does the job? I'm fantastic at stripping motor screws so something with reasonable precise torque settings would be good.

Ask a Question