need help with ideas on burrying a above ground pool

Reaction score
Hello I live in fl and after removing a tree and roots got the idea to put a above ground pool " which was free" 18" round and four foot 4 deep in the ground. We already have a hole dug, and debris removed. the dirt is like a light sand mixture already. We also have a 6ft ish privacy fence around our property for safety and privacy. I was thinking of burying it 3 feet and then put a small deck around the one side. I don't want to look out the window and see sides of a pool its ugly. and when floating on a raft don't want to be on display from the neighbors porch. Since it wont be freezing here and we rarely get rain, we were thinking it would be ok to do. We were planning on putting a undergound drainage system around the base that leads out to the lake just in case it rusts through or something, and also coating the underground part in tar or something to keep it from rusting. Also not sure if we should put something around it like a concrete mixture or put the dirt up against when we fill it not sure if that would put too much pressure against the walls. any ideas?

Ask a Question