Help needed for cabinet door!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'd appreciate some help dealing with some faulty kitchen cabinet doors. I've just returned from uni to find my mum having a hard time with these cabinets. Apparently, the wall has worn away to the point where the screws have nothing to screw into. My guess is that -- for a cheap fix (which is desired) -- we should find some sort of replacement slider thing to somehow attach to the cabinet wall so we can screw the hinges back on. I've got next to no experience in this so there's a good chance that's all wrong so would appreciate some guidance on this.

Attached are pictures of it

Cheers.

IMG_3933.JPEG
Door 1
IMG_3935.JPEG
Bottom of door 1
IMG_3936.JPEG
Top of door 1

IMG_3937.JPEG
Door 2 (half-broken)
IMG_3938.JPEG
Door 3 (bit wobbly but still functional)

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd say all you can do is move the hinges to a fresh place of untouched wood again. Its cheap....aside for using thru-bolts (ugly), I don't see a whole lot you can do. Keep the hinges as far apart as possible....it improves and stability of the door. If you want to do a bit of extra work, I would add a hinge in the middle.

Ask a Question