Drain pipe not lined up to drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have a drain pipe on the front of out house that was fitted aa part of a previous extension. The pipe doesnt quite line up to the drain and so the end of the drain pipe doesnt go fully into the drain. Its been left as shown in the picture. Recently this has been irritating me as you can hear the water gushing from the pipe into the drain and thought we had a leak. For the rest of our house the pipes go fully down into the drain. Im so useless at this stuff but wondered if it's easy to fit something that would make the pipe go more fully into the drain itself? Picture attached. Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
The solution is harder to explain than to do. All you need is two 90 degree elbows like the one on the bottom and a short length of the PVC pipe. Cut the existing elbow off with about 2” of the downspout. Attach a new elbow to the shortened downspout. Cut a piece of pipe to join the two elbows bringing the bottom of the elbow directly over the drain. Remove the grate and cut another piece of pipe so it goes into the drain hole. Dry fit everything before you glue anything. You will have to cut the grate to accommodate the new piece of pipe. I hope you can follow my crappy instructions. :oops:

Ask a Question