Sealing hand painted toilet seats!

Reaction score
Hi all!
I've been painting toilet seats for a couple years and still feel like I'm looking for the perfect sealer for them... I've done a lot of research and asked quite a few hardware store folks but am just looking for a little more info if anyone has any recommendations!
I sand the seats, prime them and hand paint them with acrylic paints. I've been varnishing them and that has worked pretty well but still makes me nervous sometimes. I'd love to find something even more resistant to frequent contact/cleaning that is also safe for skin. I work out of my bedroom in my apartment so I'm not really able to use anything very messy at this point. Something I could brush on and is glossy would be great!
There seem to be so many different sealers out there and I feel a little stumped. Or is a clear varnish the best way to go already?Any guidance would be so appreciated!
Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Rustoleum makes a product called crystal clear ultimate polyurethane. It’s made for furniture use, to be cleaned, sat on, etc and is water based so that might be something to check out.

Reaction score
Hi Mad Man,
have a look at this product.
https://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/dulux-trade-diamond-glaze
once it dries, its super hard wearing and can be scrubbed too, and it acrylic based and you can simply paint over the top of other dried paint. its pricey, but well worth it, I use this in kitchen intallations where the customer dosent want wall tiles, so we paint the wall with the chosen colour , and apply two coats of this to create a waterproof splash back.

comes in gloss and satin, and 750ml tins.

Ask a Question