sealing around bath at the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently moved into a property and water has been overflowing or being splashed etc onto the floor and leaking through the ceiling into the room below. The bath tub was put in before the previous occupant sold the property (he said he was a bathroom/kitchen fitter). There is no sealant around the tub at floor level and I think he left it like this as access to seal along the sides is very restricted. I have been trying to tell the 2 younger members of the family to not fill the bath too much and to be more careful but this doesn't seem to be working. I don't think sealing along the front will work as water will still get down the sides. Boxing it in looks an awkward job due to the shape

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's not a very child-friendly bath, really.

And given that it's been in a while, with water etc penetrating it's possible that silicone won't stick well enough to the floor/base interface to seal properly. And lord knows how you'll get to the back.

But probably worth a try before you rip it out and replace it.... :(

Ask a Question