Sealing shower tray where it meet lino

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking to silicon around the newly installed shower tray where it meets the lino but there is a gap around 12mm on the front lhs. I think this may be too wide to fill with just silicone? When I laid the lino I pushed it well underneath but I am considering lifting it and cutting it then putting some strips of thin ply under to bring the floor height up a bit.

I have heard mention of something called multi trim that can be used in such cases as this. Has anyone experience of using it?
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

Reaction score
It looks like you've a laminate floor. These can be uneven, if laid incorrectly. Shower trays should be positioned on a sheet of plywood preferably about .5cms or more thick, not straight on top of the laminate, The laminate should be fitted around the shower tray, this would ensure the flooring is slightly higher than the bottom of the tray and then a bead of silicone will be enough to keep any water that accidently falls on the floor doesn't run under the tray. In your situation, you should be able to find some plastic trim which you could stick to the bottom of the tray to hide the gap. Have a look on eBay to see what's available.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have laid 3mm thick lino down and pushed it well in under the tray. I have been considering lifting it and evening the floor out a bit as it is chipboard in front of the tray. I was considering using some strips of ply to bring the level up with a slope towards the tray. Then relaying the lino again. However, I have had suggestions of bonding a upvc edging strip to the tray with silicon. I am going to have a look this weekend to see what I can do
Cheers
Dave

Ask a Question