No power to one of the sheds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 2 sheds in the yard, both with electric run to them. The power goes from the house to a junction box, and from there to each of the sheds. The power to one of the sheds works perfectly fine but the other, despite the multimeter showing 119 volts, nothing works when it’s plugged in.

I replaced the gfci outlet hoping it was that but no luck. I looked in the junction box and there are 2 things I’m unfamiliar with. I believe they’re called Multi port connectors(image below) I’m perfectly fine with doing any electrical work inside the house but this is new to me.

My question is, what are they and what do they do. Are they something that’s more protected than a weatherproof wire-nut or are they more complex than that? Even if I don’t fix it myself, I’d still like to learn about them.

I don’t mind calling an electrician if it’s beyond my abilities but I’d rather not if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BCFD85E6-237C-4C2D-842F-1255528DC3FD.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just an update in case someone has a similar issue and stumbles across this.

The problem ended up being the gfci outlet. I did replace it when I first tried to figure out the problem but I replaced it with one I had in the tool box which, apparently, also didn’t work. That’s what I get for being too lazy to go pick up a new outlet.

I’m still curious as to how those things in the underground junction box work.

Ask a Question