Mobile Home light switch

Reaction score
Country
United States
What should have bee a relatively simple task has turned into a headache, I went to replace the light switch in the bathroom to discover this self contained box, there were 3 sets of wires going into it, after determining which was the hot coming from the breaker box, I tied the 3 grd wires together and attached it to the switch, I capped off the 3 neutrals (white) and attached the hot(black) from the breaker box to the bottom terminal of the switch, then the other 2 black wires to the top terminal. now when I turn the power back on and flip the switch, the light will slowly light up but not as bright as it should be, the ceiling vent and GFCI on that wall functions normally, but the light in the dining room which is not controlled by the switch in question will not work unless the switch in question is in the on position. What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You'd have to take a picture of the open box, wires spread so I can view it. It also would be nice if previously identified the location of the former switch's wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Somehow you've wired two lights in series which is why they are dim and you need 2 switches on.

Ask a Question