In the workshop at last.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Colin; yes I'm OK in my under bungalow workshop but it only has the Intergas boiler in there not a radiator; unfortunately there's no space for a radiator; I do however resort to using an electric fan heater if I feel chilly.

I'm sorry to learn of your ongoing knee saga and hope in spite of the Covid you'll eventually get it sorted out. I've only had one knee cap since 1970 so a 50 year anniversary coming up; this was the result of a road accident where my other leg suffered an ankle fracture; the surgeon did a brilliant job on the NHS.

Your models are very interesting; are these the kits you use?

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/italeri-harrier-gr3-model-kit-1401/637124-1000

I worked at Brook Motors for 24 years part of Hawker Siddeley group Hawker's made the Harrier; small world. Such kits were very popular years ago but kids these days are more interested in computers and mobile phones; interesting hobby though and you're making an excellent job of them.

How's your Intergas boiler settling in?

Kind regards, Colin W.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the Harrier is that kit exactly and is far more detailed than the Airfix one. The vehicle kits are from a long-time-closed firm JB Models that closed in 1992, but a model store still had new old stock!

The Intergas boiler is doing fine and our gas consumption is way down compared to previous years with temperatures like those we are currently seeing. The stat that he fitted was a Honeywell Opentherm unit that talks to the boiler via radio and modulates it rather than hard on and off. I have a tiny temperature recorder in the lounge and have charted the weeks since installation of the boiler. This was my own idea and I have emailed the charts to the chap who fitted the boiler. He is happy with the result.

Keep on fettlin'

Colin A

Ask a Question