Your favorite workshop “helpers”?

Reaction score
In another thread I recommended Bondo Glass as a good workshop product. I was wondering if others on the forum have products they use to solve problems or improve skills. I would like to learn about them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good thread topic! I'll be watching this with interest.

My most used "helper" is probably the Irwin Quick Grip Clamps:

I've got 6 of them (2 large and 4 small) and I use them for all sorts of jobs. They're a really basic tool, but these ones seem pretty well made and are easy to use with a single hand, when the other is holding the object in the correct position for clamping.

Reaction score
Good thread topic! I'll be watching this with interest.

My most used "helper" is probably the Irwin Quick Grip Clamps:

I've got 6 of them (2 large and 4 small) and I use them for all sorts of jobs. They're a really basic tool, but these ones seem pretty well made and are easy to use with a single hand, when the other is holding the object in the correct position for clamping.
Excellent choice. I will say not to get the ones from Harbor Freight! They just fall apart when you put a tight grip on something.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good question Doug and I wish I had more time to answer. I've just been using my "Pelican"

These paint kettles are simply brilliant; I've had mine a few years and it's seen a lot of use; when I gave our bungalow a makeover both inside and outside I used water based paint; I bought a dozen spare liners and am still using the original liner because I wash it out. today I've treated both our huts using the Pelican.

Kind regards, Colin.

Pelican._002.JPG

Brush and roller have never been so handy as this.

Pelican._003.JPG

3" brush held by Pelican magnet.

Pelican._004.JPG

The original liner now used for hut treating; this liner has seen lots of use.

Ask a Question