What is your favorite tool?

Reaction score
I again pulled out my trusty Hitachi compound mitre saw yesterday and it performed flawlessly- as always. I have used and abused this poor tool for almost 2 decades. It has been caught out in the rain and snow. It has been knocked over in the mud. My kids and grandkids have put countless hours on it and yet when I pulled it out yesterday to make an enclosure for my garage it cut perfectly. When I was done cutting I checked the angle of the sides with a square and they were a perfect 90. I would really like to have a saw with the laser on it butI can’t justify getting rid of my old Hitachi.

So I was wondering, what favorite tools do other people have?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite is probably my Wera ratchet screwdriver, as I use it all the time as the ratchet mechanism is just so good (it works in very fine increments, so it's great for difficult jobs). The bits are stored in the handle, so I've got it loaded with the most common types I need. It's always in my toolbox :).

In terms of power tools, it's my compound mitre saw too. It's an "Evolution Stealth" model and was fairly cheap at the time - it was one of the first things I bought for the workshop and by far the most used. I've used it for every bit of renovation and building, plus it's great at cutting lengths of aluminium extrusion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Least favorite = 2 iron. :)
Is this a soldering iron Doug? :D

Good question though Doug and one I can't really answer; all my tools and machines I treat equally; when I need to use them I need them badly from the hammer to the lathes; I used to use my hacksaw a lot but a couple of years ago bought a metal cutting bandsaw saving lots of arm ache. I'm just a big kid enjoying playing with all my toys especially when its warm and sunny without gale force wind and driving rain.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
I really like my Wera's and my new Gedore tools but I'm also a big fan of all of my NWS tools and my Klein's. Fantastic tools and my Klein linesman pliers are the ones I always reach for.

Reaction score
Country
China
screwdriver . i have a set of screwdrivers and have used these tool many times. Maybe it is my favorite tool.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite tool is Rotary Thread repair kit, I use it for bolts and nuts that have stripped or corroded. Believe me when I say that I was able to save hundreds of bucks because of this tool! Well because I'm a mechanic and I get a lot of clients with complex auto problems, my butt has been saved multiple times in fixing my client's concerns.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This one is quite different.. Actually it's an accessory. it works with a rotary tool and fixes all the gall and crossed threads in your bolts and screws. Works with dremel and drill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Actually - I suppose that on the grounds that it goes everywhere with me (apart from airline cabins), this must be my favourite:

1653380924897.png

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question