Hanging venetian blinds onto PVC window?

Reaction score
Here's the problem:

I have recently had new windows installed throughout my home. These windows have been installed in a way that would prevent them from opening fully, should the home-owner install venetian blinds. You could not hang them above, in or to the side of the window (i've tried every combination available.) I even considered hanging the blinds close to the ceiling so that when retracted, the blinds completely clear the window-space (this looked rediculous!)

I am considering making a device that will hook on top of the window itself - a bracket which will support the blinds and not impair the window opening. This solution is very feasible but the work involved in making them is time-consuming. The benefit of this device is that it doesn't damage the window by drilling through it/glueing.

Does anyone know of a device or technique whereby someone can install blinds of all kinds (venetians, romans, rollers...etc) which will not impair an inward-opening window. Some kind of bracket which can hang over the window itself, without using screws/glues or other damaging means.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Ask a Question