So I'm trying to fix this hanging file cabinet drawer that won't close all the way, and...

Reaction score
Country
United States
...what had happened was...

I have a hanging file cabinet drawer that wasn't closing all the way, and when I took it off the runners, it essentially opted to disassemble itself.

Yeah.

So, easy, right? Just line up the cheap nails into the cheap holes in the cheap pressboard and done. Not done.

After playing whack-a-mole trying to get "nails" into holes...

I've decided that the alleged nails just need to be scrapped (except they won't come out of the mystery material, and I want to just reassemble it using screws.)

Now, I have these screws, but I don't know if they're the right kind to use.

So, here's where pickshers come in, because pickshers can 'splain what I clearly cannot.

assembly.jpg

nail-holes-insets.jpg

bendy-nails.jpg

screws-1.jpg

screws-2.jpg

I don't know what kind of screws these are, and I also don't know if this stuff can even handle screws. I'd want to reinforce with liquid nails probably, too.

Can I just snip the existing "nails" off and make new holes with the screws?

I'm laughing right now, because this seems like it should be extremely easy, and a fast fix, but we're talking me here, so there's that.

Thanks, even if you're just laughing and shaking your head.

Last edited:

Ask a Question