Hanging heavy bathroom wall cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for advice on how to hang a Lewis and Cooke double mirrored bathroom wall cabinet. I got it secondhand with no installation instructions and I can't figure out how best to hang it.

1. It's going on a tiled wall so I want to get it right. I thought we could just screw it to the wall (through a plastic washer, then porcelein tile, then solid brick). I'm not sure what length/thickness screw to use.

2. Any idea what these pieces are for? They came with the cabinet but don't seem to fit anywhere or attach to anything. All the cabinet has are two screw holes in each corner, that's it.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Are the tiles stuck to a solid brick wall or is the wall behind them dry lined plasterboard on batons?

Have a look on YouTube, there's a lot of "fixing wall cabinets" videos, find one that you think suits your circumstances best.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here in North America, we have something called by their tradename = "Tapcons"

These things will hold quite heavy loads. Ensure your "Tapcons" are long enough to enter at least 1 1/2" (approx 38m) of BRICK. These are meant to seat into block/bricks, as this is where their supportive capacity is. You do need to drill a pilot hole. Use the manufacturer suggestions. You don't need a hammer-drill for the pilot hole, a standard drill will work. Of course, if you can spray some water on the bit as it drills the hole, it would help...but not necessary.

1663075354645.png

Ask a Question