Hanging wire mesh to a brick balcony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm working on a project that I thought was going to be straight forward but after assessing the situation and doing some measuring up I realize there isn't many places to secure the wire mesh to the balcony because of obstructions like internet cables and the general design of the balcony. It isn't flat at all sides. I'm going to start with building a wooden frame to attach the wire mesh to that and I will have to do it in two parts because the balcony is pretty long. To add some more complications it has to be easily removable so that builders can get access to my balcony if they need too in the future, they come to paint every so often, clean windows etc so I need to either make a door somewhere or have it so it can easily be taken off when needed, it also needs to be secure at the same time. Because I can't secure it from all sides its making things very complex. There is also a reinforced steel beam encased in hard concrete above and there is no chance of drilling some holes into that to secure the top part of the wooden frame. I also have a roof over my balcony so there is no rapping anything around it. I can secure the bottom and two sides because I'm going to have to make it in two parts. I am struggling to come up with a solution to make the middle part because of not being able to secure any thing from the top.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got it all figured out now. I know exactly what I'm going to do, just means I have to get a bit more timber than expected.

Ask a Question