Please help my Grandmother with her Camco Moffat Range wire hanging inside oven?

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trying to help my Grandmother out by figuring out what needs to be replaced or fixed. She has a 30" Range Moffat Oven assuming made by Camco as per the instruction manual. I'm not sure of the model as I can't move it around but I have included pictures to show my issue or problem or maybe it's just loos or something. There seems to be a wire that is coming out from the back inside the oven and resting on the grill. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to fix it or replace or anything? I'd really appreciate it very much.
Thank you kindly in advance.
Mark

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi scansbar
What I'm seeing on your photos is the oven thermostat sensor that is normally clipped in position. I can only assume the fixings have rusted away, or broken. You should be able to locate the original fixings, but be careful that is not a wire, but a very fine tube.

Reaction score
Hi scansbar
What I'm seeing on your photos is the oven thermostat sensor that is normally clipped in position. I can only assume the fixings have rusted away, or broken. You should be able to locate the original fixings, but be careful that is not a wire, but a very fine tube.
Thank you for your help. She did say something feel off but she threw it away. Do you think I just need the bracket and two screws to put it back or should I replace the whole unit?
Thank you for leading my in the right direction. I really appreciate it.

Reaction score
I can't be more specific as I'm not familiar with that appliance, but all thermostats of that type are basically the same. If you were to replace, it would not come with the missing component.

If you could identify the model, you may be able to get some help from the manufacturers, otherwise it's a case of identifying the location, and maybe even making a couple of brackets to fit.

Reaction score
If the oven still turns off when it reaches temperature, the device is working fine and doesn't need replacement. There may still be a screw where the bracket was, if so you can get some bare wire and wrap it around the thermostat and attach the other end to the screw. Just make sure it is bare wire so you don't end up melting the plastic coating. The device itself is electrically sealed so it is ok if it is contact with a piece of wire or a metal bracket.

Ask a Question