Hanging a 25kg light

Reaction score
Hi all
First ever post, hope someone can help.
I've bought a 25kg chandelier light and the fixing bracket which is a cross shape suggests that all 8 fixing screws to be screwed into a joist.
Sounds fine for the a straight length of the fitting to screw into a joist, but the other cross section would not reach the next 400mm joist.
I can't get to put a cross batton into the joists. Will 25kg hold on 4 screws fitted into joist with other 4 into plaster board?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi all
First ever post, hope someone can help.
I've bought a 25kg chandelier light and the fixing bracket which is a cross shape suggests that all 8 fixing screws to be screwed into a joist.
Sounds fine for the a straight length of the fitting to screw into a joist, but the other cross section would not reach the next 400mm joist.
I can't get to put a cross batton into the joists. Will 25kg hold on 4 screws fitted into joist with other 4 into plaster board?
Thanks in advance
Possibly, but then again, the manufacturer is disclaiming itself from liability unless the instructions are followed, you would be wise to do the same. If the fixture is that heavy, you may have to take down a piece of ceiling to access the framing.

Ask a Question