Fixing smart 6 gang socket to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have smart power sockets that I want to fix to a plastered wallpapered wall. These require screw heads to slide into 4 keyhole slots in the back. Initially, I used adhesive picture frame hangers that have screw head shaped fittings instead of actual screws. So the adhesive is doing all the work. These were easy to manoeuvre and stick when correctly positioned. However, unsurprisingly, when I attempted to remove plugs from the smart sockets, the force pulled the adhesive strips off the wall, along with surface wallpaper.

I did then attempt to use actual screws using a chipboard template for drilling. However, there is so little leeway regarding the accuracy of the screw positions, that I have failed to get 4 screw heads in a position to all slot into the keyhole slots. I need a combination of perhaps the adhesive hangers to fix to a backboard (perhaps like the chipboard template?) and screw this into the wall. Maybe that would work but I need advice.

I have attached images of the adhesive hangers, the smart sockets and the template, with a screw that I tried to use later but could not position correctly.

SnapMarkup_20231415_021422.jpg
20230415_134441.jpg
20230415_134130.jpg
20230415_134114.jpg
20230415_134422.jpg

Attachments

Ask a Question