Fence is being bowed

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone,

I erected our fence in April of this year. As the months went on I started noticing a gap forming between the post and panel. Though it was due to the weather, wood contracting. It only became obvious months later when the panels at the far right started to bow inwards. The neighbour behind me had their driveway stoned. Behind my fence there is 8” of stones which are resting on my panels causing the pressure. I guess eventually it will cause more damage. It was not professional of their people to use my fence as a retainer. I am unsure of what to say to them.

My solution would be move the stones away from my fence, place strips of wood long and high enough to hold the stones away the fence. The wood would be resting on the fence posts, like a skirting.
Any thoughts, ideas, comments appreciated. I don’t trust their people to be messing about with my fence theref would rather do it myself.

Thankyou ,

Pamela.

Attachments

Ask a Question