Filling Gap between Colorbond fence and Wooden Sleeper

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,
First time poster, hope it's in the right spot.
I have a frustrating issue where the wooden sleeper which runs under my side fence has slipped into the ground and there is now an inch or so gap between the two. It's annoying as my neighbour has little dogs who can see through the gap and bark through it all day. I want to fill the gap and would love any suggestions. I thought of maybe an expanding calk, but that could get messy...

Reaction score
How about?? nailing lengths of treated timber to the top of the sleeper to fill the gap? If needed the timber can be painted.

Using foam may adversely affect the dogs if they chew it??

Ken

Reaction score
Country
Australia
How about?? nailing lengths of treated timber to the top of the sleeper to fill the gap? If needed the timber can be painted.

Using foam may adversely affect the dogs if they chew it??

Ken
Thanks Ken, yes decided against the foam for that reason.

Yeah that could work I guess, might have to screw it into the bottom rail of the colorbond fence and sleeper. If I did that the length of the fence it might look clean

Reaction score
I would be "cautious" about screwing through the actual fence? Why??? because if the screw penetrates the fence on your neighbours side of the fence, this in turn could lead to either your neighbour, or one of the dogs being cut / scratched by a protruding screw?

If the gap is a [fairly] constant inch gap then nailing down into the sleeper is probably best option??

If the gap is larger? using a [say] two inch wide by three or four inches high timber will be stable and easy to nail down on to the sleepers.

Ken.

Ask a Question