Fence Post Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'm new here and have a small matter to ask about.

The scenario is that I have a dwarf wall along one side of my property. This is topped with feather edge boarding which is supported by vertical fence posts(100mm x 100mm) These are bolted to the dwarf wall. However one post is not perfectly secured to the dwarf wall at the base of the post. I want to put one more bolt through the timber post and into the brickwork of the dwarf wall. The problem is that I can't remove the post from the wall because that would involve dismantling part of the fence.

I did consider drilling a circa 25mm hole through the post and the a further circa 70mm into the brickwork beyond and then "plug" that with a sufficient length of doweling(with a strong adhesive) to go through the post and into the brickwork. I would then drill into the doweling and insert an appropriately sized bolt.

Can anyone advise if this would work please. Thanks.

Reaction score
Can I suggest you look @ a stainless steel threaded rod and the products below, one advantage is that you bore a hole into the post + brick then squirt in the resin, pop in the rod in and move the rod around a bit to ensure it has bedded, you will feel it begin to get harder to move in the epoxy, leave to set. fit a bolt and washer, job done.

Product code: 74884Polyester Resin Chemical Anchor 380ml

Product code: 45283Polyester Resin Chemical Anchor Nozzle

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Have you considered using a thru-bolt? That is, a piece of redi-rod (all thread) cut long enough to go through the whole assembly, with washer/nut on each side?

Ask a Question