Attaching Fence Posts to Timber/Planters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to erect a new fence within the boundary of my garden using feathered edge panels as I am unable to attach them to the existing fence (long story). The first issue is that the bottom of the first part of the fence there are currently placed four thick pieces of timber, this is because the gardens are on a slope…

I’m thinking about using bolt down supports and attaching these to the wood to then erect the fence post. Would this provide enough support to the post to create a solid fence?

Also where the existing fence posts are situated in the ground there is already a lot of concrete so I was thinking I could potentially use flat wall fixings to fix at least one of the posts to a sturdy planter in the garden. This would avoid having to remove any concrete out of the ground to erect new posts. Question again is, would this work?

Cheers

Attachments

Ask a Question