Attaching a Green screen to Roller Blinds system

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello! This is my first DIY project and I'm kind of stuck. Here's the situation:

I always used a stand to put up my green screen fabric and it took lots of space in my home (I live in a small apartment) so I decided that I had to get rid of the stand and somehow put up the green screen on the ceiling and make it retractable. So, I ordered a 2 meters wide roller blinds thinking that I can simply get rid of the blinds that roller blinds system comes with and put my green screen cloth in, however I was wrong.

It turns out the blinds on roller blinds is actually stapled onto a thin but long kind of 'fabric' which goes into a small compartment on the roller blind's cylinder.

So, I'm stuck and I have no idea how to get my green screen up. I have a toolbox full of screws and stuff and a drill. Help would be appreciated!

(the green screen I'm using is 2m height x 3m length https://www.hepsiburada.com/greenbo...erde-2-x-3m-p-HBV000007RFK5?magaza=greenbox07 )

Here are some pictures:

this is the plastic thing that blinds get stapled on:

part where that thin plastic-like part goes in on:

some other pics of the green screen cloth and the pipe

so yeah, that's all. let me know what you think! (and sorry for lack of English skills)

quick note, I don't think that plastic-like thin thing would be able to carry my green screen cloth's weight so it would probably fold in the middle and slip out

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum turret. You will have better luck getting a response if you post the pictures on the forum using the attach file function. Most people won’t click on an unknown link. Especially from a first time poster.

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello, thank you for welcoming me! I have embedded images in spoilers so they should show up on this page. If they are not showing up, here are the pictures attached to my message!

UPDATE: So far, I have stapled my green screen to that plastic strip and I'll see if it'll hold up when I hang the thing on the ceiling. however, I'm not sure how to do it solo :p. I'll follow up with updates.

Attachments

Ask a Question