Electrical switching, 2 Gang 2 Way help.

Reaction score
I am currently going through my NVQ level 3 and have attempted to put in a new 2 gang 2 way switch for my parents. Which feeds a new light, 1 way. And controls an existing outside light.

I saw a Junction box (on the same circuit ofcourse) underneath the floor above. This is what i done.

I needed a N to the switch so i pulled the single core cable out which from what i guess was the Feed (originally in the C terminal) and re- fed a Twin + Earth. Providing a new Feed and Neutral.

I re connected one side of the switch the same as connected previously with the new feed ( FEED in C, and a red in 1 and a black in 2.)

I then connected the N through to the light, and put a link to the C for the feed (From the other C) And the SW in 1 Terminal.

YAY the light worked...... However.. one switch controls Both lights, and the new switch controls only the one.... Please Help!

I am starting to think the Feed from the JB isnt a Feed? Something is mixed up in the JB i think... Please help!

Thank you.

James.

Ask a Question