DIY Paper Beads Curtain

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Hello forum members :) This is my first post here. I'd like to share with you one of my DIY projects. Recently, I made this curtain out of paper beads :):) Full tutorial from here

Please tell me your opinion :) Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Welcome to the forum Tota Crafts and many thanks for sharing your excellent video. What a lovely hobby and it can be done all year round even here in the UK where we have very long winters. Paper beads are new to me but they look really good and with imagination lots of things could be made using them like bracelets and necklaces; my wife Bron is into all kinds of crafts so I'll play the video on TV tonight for her. Well done.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Hi,

Welcome to the forum Tota Crafts and many thanks for sharing your excellent video. What a lovely hobby and it can be done all year round even here in the UK where we have very long winters. Paper beads are new to me but they look really good and with imagination lots of things could be made using them like bracelets and necklaces; my wife Bron is into all kinds of crafts so I'll play the video on TV tonight for her. Well done.

Kind regards, Colin.

First of all, thanks so much for your words...You're right many ideas could come out of this simple paper beads indeed. I'm so delighted that I had the chance to present something new to you. And please let me know your wife's opinion :) it really matters :)
Thanks again :)

Best wishes,
Hayat (Tota Crafts)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I did put your excellent video on our TV tonight Hayat and Bron was most impressed as I was the first time I watched it earlier today. Bron's done quite a bit of bead work just as presents for friends but like me she'd never seen paper beads. I imagine coating with wood glue seals and strengthens the beads; the possibilities are only limited by one's imagination. Bron hasn't done bead work for quite a while concentrating now on greetings cards which she spends a lot of time making.

We both like craftwork; Bron does the more gentle crafts like silk flowers; card making and is even very good at pyrography; I'm more into the heavy side like wood and metal turning; over the years I've learned many skills; vintage radio/TV restoration; transformer & coil winding; french polishing; veneering and more recently metal spinning using my much modified Graduate woodturning lathe where I managed to break a rib whilst applying pressure to the long handled spinning tool; arc welding for over 50 years but Bron generously bought me a Parweld TIG welder so now I can weld just about anything including aluminium which is difficult. I've made lots of our solid wood furniture both fitted and free standing; any work on the bungalow or in the gardens; we don't get tradespeople in we learn the skills and save a fortune whilst using top quality materials affording these due to saving on labour so our work is always top class.

We're always pleased to watch what others do and as here on the forum I like to share ideas and information. Any person who says they are bored deserves to be bored; there aren't enough hours in a day for us. Good on you Hayat I like what you're doing and your paper beads are different so we've learnt something new today. Thank you.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reflectors_001.JPG

There are so many interesting things to learn; here's some metal spinning I recently learned.

MK 2 mower tank._0002_05.JPG

New skill recently learned; TIG welding here are two aluminium mower petrol tanks I made from scratch with an original leaking tank. Life can be so good.

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Hi,

I did put your excellent video on our TV tonight Hayat and Bron was most impressed as I was the first time I watched it earlier today. Bron's done quite a bit of bead work just as presents for friends but like me she'd never seen paper beads. I imagine coating with wood glue seals and strengthens the beads; the possibilities are only limited by one's imagination. Bron hasn't done bead work for quite a while concentrating now on greetings cards which she spends a lot of time making.

We both like craftwork; Bron does the more gentle crafts like silk flowers; card making and is even very good at pyrography; I'm more into the heavy side like wood and metal turning; over the years I've learned many skills; vintage radio/TV restoration; transformer & coil winding; french polishing; veneering and more recently metal spinning using my much modified Graduate woodturning lathe where I managed to break a rib whilst applying pressure to the long handled spinning tool; arc welding for over 50 years but Bron generously bought me a Parweld TIG welder so now I can weld just about anything including aluminium which is difficult. I've made lots of our solid wood furniture both fitted and free standing; any work on the bungalow or in the gardens; we don't get tradespeople in we learn the skills and save a fortune whilst using top quality materials affording these due to saving on labour so our work is always top class.

We're always pleased to watch what others do and as here on the forum I like to share ideas and information. Any person who says they are bored deserves to be bored; there aren't enough hours in a day for us. Good on you Hayat I like what you're doing and your paper beads are different so we've learnt something new today. Thank you.

Kind regards, Colin.

View attachment 3057

There are so many interesting things to learn; here's some metal spinning I recently learned.

View attachment 3058

New skill recently learned; TIG welding here are two aluminium mower petrol tanks I made from scratch with an original leaking tank. Life can be so good.
Thanks so much Mr.Colin...I'm really delighted that your wife liked my artwork...you cannot imagine how I'm feeling now...you both really made my day...Also, I'm so grateful that I was able to introduce something new to craft lovers like you and your lovely wife... your work is really amazing and I appreciate your effort making all of these items...God bless you all...Please send my greetings to Bron as well...And please wait for my coming artworks :)

My best wishes,
Hayat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You're very welcome Hayat and many thanks for your kind comments I've also passed on to Bron your greetings which she in turns passes her greetings to you.

Bron and I like to learn new things and are always interested in new ideas or techniques; your paper beads could be turned into a very interesting hobby that anyone could do without spending lots of money. What a shame so many of our younger generations are more interested in computers and mobile phones when there are so many interesting hobbies open to them; if a child starts off being encouraged to take on hobbies then the child develops new skills to build on as they grow up into adulthood; unfortunately these days there is so much money around it encourages people to be lazy; no longer do things get repaired when they fail they are just dumped and replaced; work on homes that used to be done years ago by husbands as DIY is now just a case of get someone in. Our skill base is being eroded as is our industry.

Here in the UK we aren't encouraged to work or to improve ourselves; it starts at the top with our government; work hard to improve oneself and end up being highly taxed; work very hard and be taxed even higher it seems to be a crime to want to get on. Not only are we heavily taxed but with ever increasing rules and regulations we'll soon need to wear armour just to knock a nail in. Obesity is on the increase because all it takes is to dial a number and have a vast choice of food delivered to the door; I'm concerned where things are heading; if only people would take an interest in hobbies and crafts it would be a start but highly unlikely ever to happen.

It makes a refreshing change to see threads like you've posted Hayat showing something good and useful rather than all the doom and gloom shown by the media; well done and I'll look forward to more interesting threads from you.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Hi,

You're very welcome Hayat and many thanks for your kind comments I've also passed on to Bron your greetings which she in turns passes her greetings to you.

Bron and I like to learn new things and are always interested in new ideas or techniques; your paper beads could be turned into a very interesting hobby that anyone could do without spending lots of money. What a shame so many of our younger generations are more interested in computers and mobile phones when there are so many interesting hobbies open to them; if a child starts off being encouraged to take on hobbies then the child develops new skills to build on as they grow up into adulthood; unfortunately these days there is so much money around it encourages people to be lazy; no longer do things get repaired when they fail they are just dumped and replaced; work on homes that used to be done years ago by husbands as DIY is now just a case of get someone in. Our skill base is being eroded as is our industry.

Here in the UK we aren't encouraged to work or to improve ourselves; it starts at the top with our government; work hard to improve oneself and end up being highly taxed; work very hard and be taxed even higher it seems to be a crime to want to get on. Not only are we heavily taxed but with ever increasing rules and regulations we'll soon need to wear armour just to knock a nail in. Obesity is on the increase because all it takes is to dial a number and have a vast choice of food delivered to the door; I'm concerned where things are heading; if only people would take an interest in hobbies and crafts it would be a start but highly unlikely ever to happen.

It makes a refreshing change to see threads like you've posted Hayat showing something good and useful rather than all the doom and gloom shown by the media; well done and I'll look forward to more interesting threads from you.

Kind regards, Colin.
Your words are so impressive to me ...Thanks a million

Ask a Question