Cheap trolley.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Whilst visiting Aldi yesterday I noticed the neat trolley shown in the pictures below. I'm planning to make a new welding trolley and will need four castors; at £10 for this trolley problem solved. With a maximum load of 250 kg these small trolleys would be handy for many moving tasks.

Kind regards, Colin.

Welding trolley_001.JPG
Welding trolley_002.JPG
Welding trolley_003.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good price! I meant to pick one of these up years ago, as it would have been so useful when moving things... but I've not needed one since. As soon as I do, I know where to go :D.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

When you do need one Ian it's highly likely Aldi won't have one in stock? When I visited Aldi again all the trolley's had been sold.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's been a struggle getting into the workshop due to being retired and not having enough time each day. However I've just enjoyed an excellent day in the workshop today so can post a bit of progress. My new TIG welding trolley is coming along nicely and is made mostly of offcuts of steel and 18mm thick plywood. Quite a while ago I bought a load of steel offcuts so am steadily using these up and the plywood is bench shelves I cut out to make space for my Oxford welder trolley.

Kind regards, Colin.

Welding trolley_003_01.JPG

My Oxford arc welder (Pickhill bantam 180A) in the trolley I made. I'm using this to weld the new TIG welder trolley.

Welding trolley_0004.JPG

Angle iron base frame welded.

Welding trolley_0005.JPG

Corner uprights welded.

Welding trolley_0007.JPG

The cheap Aldi castors in position; please note row of screws securing plywood divider.

Welding trolley_0008.JPG

Plywood secured and divider located; corner top for cylinder yet to finish off. The TIG welder will sit on top and beneath there is storage for welding odds and ends.

Welding trolley_0009.JPG

Testing gas cylinder for fit; just the corner to finish off. It's imperative any cylinder is supported safely either similar to this or strapped to a wall; cylinders are highly dangerous and command utmost respect. Progressing nicely.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As usual, a good job Colin :). I particularly like you using the arc welding to make the TIG welding trolley!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Ian. :)

TIG welder_0011.JPG

Offcuts of metal; two pieces of 18mm thick plywood and four casters make for a cheap welding trolley. The trolley tucks neatly away but is always ready for immediate use.

TIG welder_0015.JPG

I've never yet done any TIG welding but once I know what I'll be using I can make use of the storage space available within the trolley.

TIG welder_0016.JPG

Gauges added together with a gas flow meter; all I now need is time in the workshop which I find difficult to get.

Ask a Question