Central Heating on All Night

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help, I have just moved into a new house and having bother with the central heating. The controller is a Danfoss FP715.

The main issue I have had is that for the past two nights I have turned the oil heating to the 'off' position at bedtime yet the upstairs radiators were still warm all night. The downstairs radiators remained off. There are thermostat controls on the wall in the living room for down stairs and the main bedroom for upstairs, and both of these are set to around 20/21.

That leads me to my other question - if I turn on the heating and say for example the living room thermostat is set to 18, will the heating only come on downstairs if the temperature is lower than 18. Some days to have the radioators heat up I have to turn the wee thermostat dial until I hear a wee click, usually around 21 or 22 degrees.

I did not have this problem the first two nights I stayed at the property but on Sunday I reset the time settings and since then I have had the issue. Is this problem to do with a frost thermostat, if so how do I find out and rectify?

Any advice welcome.

Ask a Question