Central heating system in our house.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I hope this is the right part of the forum.

We are going to place a central heating system in our house.

But I came across some question and was hoping for some advise.

I will use a 25kw pellet boiler to heat up my hot water for my radiators and showers. I will use Pex piping on the ceiling and metal pipes in the house (if they sell this in Spain)

My first question is about the creation of zones in the house.
I like to be able to shut off the second apartment, because it will not be used that often.
My plan is to install a normal hot resistant valve, so no hot water is wasted on heating the pipes in that house. I want to place this on the supply pipe.
I think we will only use this valve once a year.
I have read about these so called Zone Valves, but I think they have no extra value, because all the radiators have there own thermostat.
Is this correct?

My second second question is about the main house.
I like to divide the house into zones, because I do not have to heat the whole house every time. Also I think it would take to long to heat the whole house if everything goes trough 1 pipe.
I was thinking the middle part and the right side of the house.
I was planning to use a zone valve for this. Because then I can turn the radiators from the house.
I don't think I will use a thermostat on the valve, because I think it doesn't do anything more then the thermostat valves on the radiators.
I want to put it on the supply pipe.
Would this be the right way?

I made a drawing of the house and my plan, I hope these are clear.

Thank you in advance for helping!

Attachments

Ask a Question