Central heating circuit

Reaction score
Hi, I have fitted a rayburn and I'm going to run just 2 radiators from it. (double convector 2kw and 1kw )
The rayburn and the the radiators are all on the ground floor but the first run of pipe work has to go straight up stairs then drop back down to the radiators from the main circuit. the main run of the circuit (flow, return loop in 22mm) up stairs is approx' 12m. Not including spurs/drops to the rads.

The pipe work going directly from the rayburn (flow and return) for the first 3m is 28mm going down to 22mm which is making the circuit, can I drop down staright from the circuit to the radiators using 16mm (this is in France, no 15mm) or do I need to drop down in 22mm then 16 to the rads?

Secondly, is this going to cause any problems with flow, air locks etc?

It was going to be gravity fed but obviously with the rads being down a the same level and the pipe work going straight up this will not work so well, I do have a pump to put into the circuit.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Reaction score
Sorry just a bit more info, there is no DHW being run off this so no water cylinder in the circuit.

Ask a Question