Cat tunnel removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a property and there is a cat tunnel installed in the conservatory wall. How do we go about filling it in?

I assume we need to complete some sort of brick replacement on the outside and fill the cavity with expanding foam, but how do we fill the hole on the inside, so it can be flush with the inside wall and decorated?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think anybody can answer your question without any pictures!

What type of wall finishing do you have on the inside? Thickness of the wall? Type of floor/decking? All these would be answered (to some degree) with some pictures.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, picture attached. It is approx. 260mm deep into a block/brick wall with plaster on the interior. There is no decking or anything on the outside (will be landscaping separately). Inside floor is laminate.

I assume I tidy the outside with carefully placed bricks and mortar and fill the cavity with expanding foam. It’s how I cap off the internal ‘entrance’ hole before plastering/skimming the surface. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
complete sheet of plasterboard? light squiggle of guerrilla glue all over then you Just need to prime the corner edge with some pva and sand lightly before painting

Ask a Question