Looking for the best irrigation controller for my application

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best irrigation controller for my application. The is a new system. I am putting in only drip zones but I am using conventional below-ground level irrigation valves and hard pipe (PVC), with risers to connect to drip tubing.

I want to follow a schedule that is set up for the whole year. It needs to water more in the summer than winter, so fixed programming by month would probably work the best. This means that I need to be able to set start and end dates. I DO NOT want a controller hat reduces the watering time for seasonal changes. It would be OK if it reduced the number of watering days, as long as the watering time was the same. I also want a "freeze skip" feature.

The only controller I have found that will do this is the Rachio 3 (or 3e). It looks like it can be programmed for fixed schedules with start and end dates. I also has the freeze skip feature. Are there any others?

Ask a Question