Wallpaper Misalignment

AJ1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some advice please. My decorator has just finished our living room & we have three strips of wallpaper that aren’t aligned from the bottom. I have highlighted my concerns, but he’s quite adamant that it’s not his fault as the wall is not flush / smooth. I’ve felt the wall & it’s pretty smooth to me.. The rest of the wall that’s been done is aligned with no issues.. He wants payment but I’ve asked for the three strips to be re done & he’s not prepared to re do them.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, this is my opinion. I thought you were referring to the pattern of the wallpaper not aligning (or parallel) to the ceiling, floor, etc....

I did have to look a third or fourth time to actually notice where the pattern of the wallpaper was misaligned by 1/16" (2mm or so) at the seam. To me, its a small deficiency. These types of small mistakes are often realized by the owner, but rarely ever noticed by someone who is not critiquing the installation.

If this is not commercial vinyl wallpaper, it may not be removable without destroying the wallpaper (the commercial vinyl wall-covering can be removed and re-applied, but it's VERY expensive).

So, personally, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, but it is up to you.

Ask a Question