Wallpaper ideas for redecoration of living room

Reaction score
I'm looking to give my living room a 1920s design with new furniture, has anyone got any suggestions of wallpaper designs or any other suggestions that would complete this 1920s look?

Reaction score
Right I will put one out there that I have been considering, a vintage world map wallpaper on one wall sort of as a feature wall? Hopefully giving the living room that old 1920's home library feel

Reaction score
I'm not sure.

That paper will look good in one area. I would recon googling 1920's room decor might give you some ideas.

Reaction score
wow classic. would it be ok if you would post the finished product? that way some of us would be inspired to do some vintage themed decorating too.

Reaction score
Yes, I agree! Finished product pictures would be lovely to look at. I wish I had more time for redecorating and DIY...

Reaction score
You can check out a picture of London in the 1920's. How's that for a vintage wallpaper? :D

Reaction score
The 20's was an era of reserved style and elegance with a lot of blacks, greys and neutral colours being used. You won' want your room looking too bold but perhaps look for a patterned wallpaper that uses some of these darker colours in a vintage way and paint your walls white or a light neutral colour to really set of the featured wallpaper.

I liked your map of the world idea in terms of the colouring but not sure of the design. It's just too bold and in your face. Something more reserved, elegant and classic will have 1920's all over it.

Would love to see the finished design.

Reaction score
I would also love to see what you decided on. I tend to stay away from wallpaper, they seem to "permanent" for me. I like to use paint and wall hangings, pictures, etc... I like to mix things up every now and again.

Ask a Question