Siding Tips/Advise

Reaction score
Hi, I am prepping my house to be repainted and replacing some siding with some rot under a window. The house had LP siding which was re-sided over in the late 90's with T11. The one spot with rot you can see in the picture I have already removed, although I am removing and replacing the whole section under the window. I am conflicted on how to proceed and take any opportunity for it to look better than it is. I'm not crazy about the look of the additional foot of siding added to the bottom on the right side of the house and then the 2 2X2's added to look like trim to the left side of the house. How would you proceed?

Attachments

Reaction score
I had this same problem when I lived in Florida. I tore all the siding off the wall, removed all the wood in the framing that showed evidence of moisture and replaced it with pressure treated wood. Before replacing the siding I cover the inside with sealant/ primer. I had the window replaced by a professional to be sure it was perfect. After 15 years it looked as good as new.

Ask a Question