Angled Aluminum Siding mount

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, old work house has metal electrical box screwed into the aluminum siding to hold the wiring for the exterior entrance and porch lights. This is old 8” width aluminum siding, not newer smaller width vinyl. All of the holes are dead in the middle of the heaight of the 8” siding. All of the siding mounts I have found for 1/2 inch reveal, are not tall enough to cover the existing hole. If I put it up under to upper siding, it doesn’t extend low enough. If I hook it under the lower siding then It’s not tall enough.

I for the life of me cannot just find an angled siding mount. No notches to hook under siding, just a slightly angled mount that I can screw to he existing metal box to give me a flat face for the light.

now, I also don’t have wood sheathing behind the siding, it is the soft black material that covers the house before they installed the aluminum siding. So my thought was buying one of the newer mount kits, cut away the siding for the square and screw it to the sheathing underneath, then with the cover snapped on would be a nice flush look. But there is nothing to screw into.

anyone know of simple siding mounts have a slight angle to them to use in the middle of the siding? Or maybe some angledrubber seal or something that would orient the fixture straight and give me the seal needed to repel Water and give me something to adhere the caulk to? I am stumped.

Ask a Question