Remote shower help...

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to install a shower in a remote location; it will need to run from a 100l tank that I fill and the waste will do the same. So I want to limit the flow from the shower and therefore the amount of grey water removal and fresh top ups.

I need a timer... Say 4 mins (ish) that will limit the water flow. The system is running on a LPG vented mobile combi boiler, which is fed by a 12v submersible pump (in the fresh water tank).

The boiler has a flow detector so I guess the timer would need to switch the pump and therefore turn off the shower?

Also,

Can anyone recommend a low flow shower head? I guess on of these will help reduce waste and refills etc...

And finally,

At the mo I'm using a 12v motorbike battery, but would be keen to go solar... Any ideas?

If there are any Renewable Energy experts out there I'd be dead keen to hear from you...

Thanks!

Aye,

Pob

Reaction score
Low flow heads typically run 5 to 7 L per minute at 30 psi but if your water pressure is low from the pump a standard head may be needed.

Harbor freight sells a 45watt solar panel and charger for a 12v battery.

If you plan on showering in sunny weather a 1000 foot coil of 1" BLACK poly pipe behind some glass makes a good solar heater (but you need to shade or tarp the glass when water not being used.)

Ask a Question