Electric Fireplace remote

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old electric fireplace that still works well. In fact, I have two. The remote on the one went bad, changed batteries, still won't work. I took the remote from the 2nd unit and it works with the first. I would like to replace the remote so I can have remotes by both fireplaces. The fireplace is a Cartwright convertible fireplace, the insert model is FA525500TX. It was made by Southern Enterprises Inc. I contacted SEI and they said the unit is discontinued along with the remote. My last question to them was about finding a remote that I could use that would work and that e-mail has gone unanswered.
I have seen the same remotes in condos, apartments, etc. and I can't believe I can't get a replacement. I have searched the internet and can find some similar remotes, but I want to be sure they will work before I order one.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement remote that looks like the attached image?
The remote itself does not show a model #.
Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I've searched the internet as best as I could.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
Debs,

You are not alone. I wander the internet in search of this remote as well.......

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did either of you ever find a remote online. I have had no luck. Deb S. if you ever want to sell your remaining one that works, please let me know

Ask a Question