Patio privacy from upstairs next door neighbors

Reaction score
Country
United States
My patio has a pretty tall wall, but neighbors that are next door and on an upper level, also above me on my building can see in my patio and most importantly in my house - it drives me crazy with nerves and a new person moved in and I feel like they are watching me. What products or things can I doto make my patio more private? Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a similar situation, I built a pergola over our patio and covered it with reed matting on top. The matting has many small (10mm) gaps between reeds and so lets through enough sunlight without being open to nosy neighbours. At our present house, I built a pergola and allowed grape vines to grow over it. Naturally, it was a couple of years before it was fully covered.

ColinA

Reaction score
Give them something to look at.
Or just get on with life and ignore it.
They must be short of things to do.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My patio has a pretty tall wall, but neighbors that are next door and on an upper level, also above me on my building can see in my patio and most importantly in my house
Did that house get built after you bought yours, or were you fully aware of its presence when you bought?

- it drives me crazy with nerves and a new person moved in and I feel like they are watching me.
Do you have any evidence that they are watching you?

What products or things can I doto make my patio more private? Thanks!
Re being able to see into your house - net curtains.

Ask a Question