Sagging ceiling in the corner of my screened in patio - help!!!

Reaction score
Hi. Just as the title says - not from water damage. I don't even know who I should call to try to fix it. Handyman, drywaller, or ???? I had a 'handyman' out for this very same issue a few years back. All he did was add some nails to the area - which worked at least until now.

I am clueless as to even how to ask for help for this.

Thanks.
20211128_132626.jpg

Reaction score
Can I suggest that you go back to a "handyman" and get a few more screws put in? if that type of "fix" has lasted a few years ???

One improvement I would suggest is that a thin strip of timber be fixed around the junction of the ceiling and the beam

Ken

Reaction score
Can I suggest that you go back to a "handyman" and get a few more screws put in? if that type of "fix" has lasted a few years ???

One improvement I would suggest is that a thin strip of timber be fixed around the junction of the ceiling and the beam

Ken
I am having a 'handyman' come take a look at it. He suggested more screws/nails which could hold it for a few more years. But he said it isn't uncommon that after all this time the drywall or whatever material they used has begun to deteriorate from being exposed to the outside weather, especially in the most extreme outside corner. I suggested the strip of timber, and he said that certainly could be an option as well. Sadly, I have found no one else interested in giving me an estimate in order to have comparisons on repair suggestions/costs.

Ask a Question