Need Help ID'ing and adjusting a Kitchen Cabinet Turntable

Reaction score
We recently had our oak cabinets professionally repainted white over the original golden oak finish. The cabinets came out great, no complaints with the company or the folks that did the work. So our cabinets were a custom option when we built the house in 1978 and IIRC the cabinet company was located in central/eastern Massachusetts, not local. They're beautifully made cabinets, and you know the drill... my wife has talked about painting them white for 5 years, I finally caved in.

So the reassembly went great with one exception, the corner turntable door alignment. Everything went back in the existing holes, but we're getting a little rubbing on one side of the "doors" that disappear when you rotate the assembly. The mechanism looks pretty sophisticated, heavy duty castings with springs and ball bearings... definitely not the $50 pole turntable.

Turntable-00.jpg Turntable-03.jpg Turntable-01.jpg Turntable-02.jpg Turntable-04.jpg

I should note that the turntable always seemed to bind a little, and when it was stained oak, the gaps did not stand out. Now that its white, the uneven gaps noted in the pictures stands out like a sore thumb. I don't know if there's some way to "adjust" this mechanism or if I have to mark the outline, remove it and reinstall the top and bottom bearings to get a better alignment... or toss the mechanism and try using one of the cheaper pole type turntables? If somebody recognizes the mechanism please let me know so I can get in touch with a manufacturer and find out how to align it or reset it. The alternate solution would be to shave the door on the RHS, but that does nothing to fix the wedge-shaped gap on the left.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

Ask a Question