My garage have 4 openings like rectangle what are they?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see there are 4 rectangles openings in my garage wall at the bottom. There is no gap and they are covered with concrete, I just don’t know what are they for?
I am planning to cover my entire garage Wall baseboard trim with diamond plates , but not sure if I can cover those 4 rectangles, will that be an violation?

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the garage perhaps a ready-built concrete structure that would have been trucked in? I saw these often in Germany, and those ' pockets' were where the extending lifting beams would have gone from the specially adapted truck.

Colin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the garage perhaps a ready-built concrete structure that would have been trucked in? I saw these often in Germany, and those ' pockets' were where the extending lifting beams would have gone from the specially adapted truck.

Colin
I purchased a house from builder 2 years back, not sure what they used to build this.
but my concern is will it okay if I cover this gap with diamond plates?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a house from builder 2 years back, not sure what they used to build this.
but my concern is will it okay if I cover this gap with diamond plates?
Impossible to tell until the function of the gap is understood. Can the builder tell you?

Colin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Impossible to tell until the function of the gap is understood. Can the builder tell you?

Colin

I don't think so that builder will respond to any question anymore. Once house is sold , that's it, 100 emails they don't even reply.

Ask a Question